Philosophy and Mission
Columbia Christian School's mission is to prepare students academically, spiritually, and physically to successfully influence the world with truth by understanding the importance of a personal relationship with God.
Our purpose is to provide each student with an excellent, well-rounded education in a comfortable Christian environment.
"Balancing academic excellence with biblical principles."
Our Core Values
- TRUTH through BIBLICAL PRINCIPLES: CCS believes the Bible is infallible and God and His Word are the highest authority. (II Timothy 3:16; Colossians 3:16a)
- FAITH: We believe in a Christ-centered education to instruct and exhort students to have a personal relationship with God. (Ephesians 2:8; Hebrews 11:6a)
- ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE: We use a rigorous curriculum to help students become critical thinkers and communicators. (II Timothy 2:15)
- LEADERSHIP: We believe the entire learning process will equip students to be filled with the knowledge of God and become productive leaders of society and contributors to the body of Christ. (Matthew 28:19-20)
- INTEGRITY: We equip our student to impact their world for Christ through the development of Christ-like character. (I Timothy 4:12)
- DISCIPLESHIP: We equip our students to honor God by exercising their abilities to learn, to lead, and to serve. (Matthew 28:19-20)
- SERVICE TO OTHERS: We challenge students to honor God by exercising their physical and social potential through a variety of extra-curricular and social activities. (Galatians 5:13)
Expected Student Outcomes - “A Vision of Columbia Christian School (CCS) Educators for Maturing CCS Students”
Maturing CCS students will be
Spiritual discerners who
- Accept Jesus as personal Savior, commit to a growing relationship with Him, and are willing and prepared to share the Gospel with others
- Have a strong foundation in the faith and are able to defend the faith by articulating Christian beliefs to others who do not share the same worldview
- Are provided with a broad knowledge of the Bible in order to successfully disciple other believers
- Demonstrate the love of Christ in daily interaction with believers as well as non-believers
- Are motivated learners who value lifelong learning
- Maintain a strong work ethic
- Effectively communicate in speech and writing
- Collaborate well with others
- Critically think and are able to solve real-world problems
- Are college or career ready
Moral and ethical citizens who
- Demonstrate patriotism
- Are service oriented and choose to volunteer
- Are community leaders
- Choose to be influential culture changers instead of conforming to culture
- Are digitally responsible in an ever changing technological climate
Put on the Whole Armor of God
For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.