Lindsey Griffin - Student Development Coordinator
Our goal at Columbia Christian is for our students to achieve academic excellence grounded with an unshakeable foundation in the word of God. 1 Peter 4:10 says “Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms”.
This year K-12 students will be able to use their God-given gifts to do just that: love, serve and bless others.
As part of this program, each graduating senior will be required to participate in forty hours of community service while learning what it truly means to be the hands and feet of Christ. In addition, each homeroom will participate in a mission project of their choice. Below are some of the service opportunities already underway:
- Buying and sending Bibles to other students across the United States.
- Sending needed supplies and gifts to support missions in Peru.
- Preparing Operation Christmas Child Boxes for children in other countries.
- Feeding the homeless at The Southern Mission in Magnolia.
- Volunteering at the Magnolia Specialized Services Fishing Derby.
- Participating in the local Angel Tree Program
- Assisting Magnolia Specialized Services with their annual fishing derby
- Working at the Children's Home in Monticello, Arkansas
Put on the Whole Armor of God
For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.